jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Hendriks" <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject Bundle persistence managers & db collation
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:10:13 GMT
Hi all,

I've been working on a very simple import/export tool for our JCR
content, and I stumbled upon an issue that has to do with the
case-sensitivity of the NAME column in the NAMES table that is used by
the database persistence managers. (It was a long way from a
ConstraintViolationException during an import to the case sensitivity of
this column...) It was the case that my test database used collation
such that the select queries from the NAMES table were case-insensitive.
In the end this gave a problem with two nodetypes that had String
properties named "bordercolor" and "borderColor" respectively.

So my question is: can this issue affect the JCR integrity? My guess is
"yes", but we've been using these bundle persistence managers from the
start and never encountered such a problem (at least, that's what we
think).

Since collation can be specified per column, I guess that it would be
good to update the ddl's of the bundle persistence managers. For MS-SQL,
it would be something like this:

create table ${schemaObjectPrefix}NAMES (ID INTEGER IDENTITY(1,1)
PRIMARY KEY, NAME varchar(255) COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS not null)

Regards,

Martijn Hendriks
<GX> creative online development B.V.

t: 024 - 3888 261