jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Savas Triantafillou" <savvas.triantafil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange behavior on upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2.1
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:55:20 GMT
Hi,

I would like to describe a similar situation and would really need your
opinion on this

During some development I have once again deleted repository home directory
without migrating from 1.1 to 1.2.x

Once repository started again and index was rebuilt without any problems,

the same problem with the results of the queries appeared, that is query
results did not take into account nodes which
were created before rebuilding repository home directory.

If a new node was added to the repository, it showed in the queries results

I have checked JCR browser and all of previous nodes exists, so I have tried
the following

I have used method getNodeByUUID to get an "old" versionable node, checked
it out and then checked it in and saved the session.

Then I rerun the query it showed up in the results!!!

Does anybody have a hint of why this might be happening?

Savvas,

On 2/12/07, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Savas Triantafillou wrote:
> > I have stopped jackrabbit, replaced all necessary jars , deleted
> repository
> > home directory  not only the index dirs and started jackrabbit
>
> I just tried exactly the same and queries worked fine with content I
> added.
>
> > This way queries did not work at all
>
> this is very strange, because that's basically the starting point for an
> empty
> repository. our query regression tests initially also have an empty
> repository,
> but none of them failed for the 1.2.1 release.
>
> > whereas if I delete only the index
> > files as you mention in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-669 ,
> > everything works OK
>
> regards
>   marcel
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message