jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with eclipse/maven2
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:53:41 GMT
Ned Collyer wrote:

>>    Then, install it using the command:
>>        mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jcr -DartifactId=jcr \
>>            -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

> Surely there is a more elegant way to do this.  The idea behind Maven is
> that it manages dependencies.
> Sure I can install this manually here, or deploy it to my own repository but
> this is not satisfactory for managing code between different offices, or
> deploying to cargo or cruise control.

Well, I would like this artifact to be available on a global repository as well,
but apparently this is not possible due to licensing issues. See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-432 and this thread
Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I actually deployed this jar to our local repository. That solves the problem
for my company.

View raw message