jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From James Hang <jh...@bea.com>
Subject Xpath queries containing blank spaces and a period
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:17:01 GMT

We're having problems running an xpath query where a node name in the xpath
contains a blank space followed by a period "." in the name.

For example, the following query fails:

/jcr:root//mypath/My Document.txt//element(*, myType) order by @cx:created
ascending

It throws this exception:

javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: Lexical error at line 1, column 100.
Encountered: "." (46), after : "": Lexical error at line 1, column 100.
Encountered: "." (46), after : "": Lexical error at line 1, column 100.
Encountered: "." (46), after : ""

We think it's failing because of the blank space followed by the period "."
in the name "My Document.txt".

We tried uri encoding the name, which replaces the space with %20, but that
gives us this error:

javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: Lexical error at line 1, column 110.
Encountered: "2" (50), after : "%": Lexical error at line 1, column 110.
Encountered: "2" (50), after : "%": Lexical error at line 1, column 110.
Encountered: "2" (50), after : "%"

Is there a consistent way of escaping the node name to get around this
problem?

-- James