jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Spec compliance regarding child node types of nt:frozenNode
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:42:35 GMT
hi,
there was a lot of arguing respecting how to organize the version
storage. i don't know if it's explicitly mentioned in the spec, but
the problem is, that the frozen nodes can't have neither the original
uuid nor primary or mixin types, because constraints can't be enforced
(e.g. missing opv=vesion child nodes). therefor the frozen nodes have
the primary type nt:frozenNode and the original nodetype is recorded
in the jcr:frozenPrimaryType. the same is true for references that are
not enforced in the version storage (otherwise you could not delete a
node just because it's referenced in a version of anode node).

however, assigning the original nodetype to a frozen node might be
possible in jackrabbit, it might certainly not work in all other
repositories.

regards, toby

On 3/5/07, Cédric Damioli <cedric.damioli@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When checking in a versionable Node "A", with a child "B"
> (OnParentVersion=COPY) of whatever nodetype, the corresponding
> nt:frozenNode has a child node "B" of type "nt:frozenNode" and not of
> its initial nodetype.
>  From the JCR spec, section 8.2.11.1 : "On checkin of N, C and all its
> descendent items, down to the leaves of the subtree, will be copied to
> the version storage as a child subtree of VN."
> By "copy" I also understood the copy of the nodetypes of the child nodes
> of the versionable node.
> I'm wondering if the currently implemented behaviour is compliant with
> the spec ? Or am I missing something ?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Cédric Damioli