jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:09:10 GMT
Hi,

[sorry for the late response]

On 2/23/07, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose a subject to the Jackrabbit community for
> Google Summer Of Code 07.

Thanks for pushing this!

> Drawing on my experience from last year as a student, I would like to
> propose a project where documentation is widely available and where no
> update to the core parts of Jackrabbit is needed. Besides, I would prefer a
> subject interesting for all the community and where everyone can support the
> selected student. This points toward a webapplication using Jackrabbit

Good points! I've now volunteered to mentor such a project. The
project idea is recorded at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2007 with the following
abstract:

    Implement a simple demo web application like a blog or a wiki
    using JCR and Jackrabbit for managing the underlying content.
    The purpose of the demo application is to showcase JCR features
    and to serve as example code. Previous experience with JCR is
    not required; it would actually be good if you approached the task
    as an entry-level JCR programmer. More important requirements
    are some familiarity with Java web application development and
    ability to write clean and documented code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting