jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: ConcurrenModificationException
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:59:02 GMT
Hi Martijn,

Martijn Hendriks wrote:
> The second scenario that I sketched in my previous message is
> possible: I now can reproduce that values of an ItemStateReferenceMap
> are evicted by garbage collection during the iteration over that map
> in the LocalItemStateManager.dispose method (with Jackrabbit 1.2.1).
> On my local system, however, I did not get the ConcurrentModification
> exception (Java 5 doc says that it is thrown on a best-effort basis).
> Anyway, it seems like this is a possible cause of it.

thank you for sharing this info.

another scenario I can think of is the following:

- session A reads some items I
- session B transiently removes items in I
- session A logs out and starts to iterate over I in LocalItemStateManager (LISM)
- session B saves changes and removed items are evicted from A's LISM
- session A gets concurrent modification exception

regards
  marcel