jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Session.impersonate vs Credentials
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:03:20 GMT
Hi,

I noticed that the Session implementations both in Jackrabbit and
JCR2SPI require that the Credentials object passed into the
impersonate() method actually is a SimpleCredentials object. The purpose
seems to be that the "impersonating session" can be remembered in an
attribute on the credentials.

JSR-170 however doesn't mention anything about that.

So...:

- is this just plainly unimportant? (such as in "nobody uses impersonate
anyway, it's simple enough to do a regular login)

- is this a TODO? (the code in JCR2SPI's SessionImpl seems to indicate
that...) - if it is, should we define an extension to SimpleCredentials
that can hold the required information, so that we don't rely on a
specific impl class?

Best regards, Julian