jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Hendriks" <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject Problem with using the DatabaseFileSystem with My-SQL
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:08:47 GMT
Hi,

I cannot get the DatabaseFileSystem to work with my My-SQL database. I
get the following exception

SEVERE: failed to initialize file system
java.sql.SQLException: Specified key was too long; max key length is
1024 bytes
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2921)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1665)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2972)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2902)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:929)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.checkSchema(Database
FileSystem.java:1167)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.init(DatabaseFileSys
tem.java:181)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.FileSystemConfig.createFileSystem(File
SystemConfig.java:47)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createVersionManager(Repositor
yImpl.java:368)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:282
)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:588
)

which is thrown on line 1167 of the DatabaseFileSystem class with the
following value for the sql variable (which is executed in a Statement
on that line):

create unique index WM9_VERSIONING_FS_FSENTRY_IDX on
WM9_VERSIONING_FS_FSENTRY (FSENTRY_PATH(245), FSENTRY_NAME)

Help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Martijn Hendriks
<GX> creative online development B.V.