jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From paksegu <paks...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web based JCR browser - Interests, OS, contribution
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:14:37 GMT
Hi I there anyway I can obtain a copy and check it out? Thanks

Robert Ritchy <ritchy@jarbo.com> wrote:  I think it makes sense for jackrabbit to have
a web-based JCR repository
browser sub-project. I know that Day Software used to provide one which
seemed pretty slick.

In any case, I'd suggest starting with something like SourceForge and
see how interest grows from there. If you have a running demo, I'd love
to check it out.

-Robert

Hendrik Beck (camunda) wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> About a year ago my company needed a web based application to browse and
> edit a JCR repository. Initially there was no intention to develop a
> full-blown tool to administer or maintain repositories, but from time to
> time some more features were added. I would like to make it Open-Source
> (e.g. SourceForge) or contribute it to the Jackrabbit team. I saw a couple
> of Eclipse-based browsers and I read about some plans to develop web-based
> applications, but nothing real released yet. Is somebody working on a web
> application? Are you interested in our application?
>
> As I haven't anything to present right now, maybe I can give a short
> overview. The system is based on plain JSF, so no fancy AJAX-features etc.
> At the moment it can do the following:
>
> - Browse a content repository
> - Show properties as well as definition information of nodes and properties
> - Edit (nearly) all types of properties, single and multiple values
> (although manipulation of NAME, REFERENCE and PATH could be improved, but
> basically it works)
> - XML Import/Export
> - Queries are just being implemented
> - But it doesn't have a really good ui layout ;-)
>
> Ok, I would be eager to hear some opinions and - if you are interested -
> what would be the best way to publish it. Just publishing a la SourceForge
> or is there another way to "contribute" the project?
>
> And one more problem: the connection to the repository was quite a
> proprietary solution (repository was available via JBoss MBean). So the
> webapp is not really usable at the moment for other people. Do you have any
> suggestions how to implement the connection in a way, that as many people as
> possible can use it? Then I would implement it and people could use it with
> their own repositories (or at least then you could have a look at it).
>

> Thanks in advance and greetz
> Hendrik Beck

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com