Hi,

I'm testing the new DatabaseJournal with a PostgreSQL. Since there was no ddl for this database I had to generate one and thought you could upload it to subversion.

Regards,

On 21/02/07, Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfister@day.com> wrote:
Hi Miguel

On 2/20/07, Miguel Ángel Jiménez <miguel.js@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks again for the response. I have another issue about FileJournal. In
> our test environment, we have several instances doing concurrent
> modifications to the repository and have been able to trace what I see as a
> possible bug in log file rotation. It seems that the renaming of old files
> is not working as expected. For example, journal.log.1 does not get renamed
> to journal.log.2 when rotating the current log file. I think the problem is
> class FileJournal method switchLogs:
>
> String newName = name.substring(0, sep + 1) + String.valueOf (version + 1);
> file.renameTo(new File(newName));
>
> The new name does not preserve the original path of the renamed file.
> Wouldn't be better to do...
>
> String newName = name.substring (0, sep + 1) + String.valueOf(version + 1);
> file.renameTo(new File(root, newName));
>
> ... or something similar? Makes it sense to you?

Absolutely! I fixed this only yesterday while fixing some other issues
(JCR-749,JCR-756,JCR-757) as well. Great bug tracking work!

Kind regards
Dominique

--
Miguel.