jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with eclipse/maven2
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:45:49 GMT
Yusuf M wrote:
> Hi,I'm having problems with Maven2. It says that the javax.jcr dependency is missing.
I have tried everything including downloading the jar and pointing maven's dependency's local
dir to it. Everything else is standard out of the box, no changes. Does anyone use eclipse/subclipse/maven
to work on jackrabbit?Which other IDEs do people prefer?Thanks.

If the javax.jcr dependency is missing you should get an error message like that
when trying to execute "mvn eclipse:eclipse":

Missing:
----------
1) javax.jcr:jcr:jar:1.0

   Try downloading the file manually from:
       http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/jars/jcr-1.0.jar

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jcr -DartifactId=jcr \
           -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Path to dependency:
   	1) org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-api:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT
   	2) javax.jcr:jcr:jar:1.0

This already states how to install the javax.jcr dependency in your local
repository. After executing the "install:install-file" goal just execute the
"eclipse:eclipse" goal again and refresh your eclipse project.

Cheers,
Christoph