jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Bundle Persistence Manager
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:46:54 GMT
On Feb 20, 2007, at 7:18 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> 3. Day files a software grant
> (http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt) for the
> contributed code.

It is sufficient for Day to send an addendum to the existing grant.

In other words, ask David to send email to Jim Jagielski (and cc the
jackrabbit dev list) that says the additional code also falls under
our existing grant agreement.  While he is doing that, he should also
add the names of our new employees to the Day CCLA.

> PS. We should have done this already when the SPI codebase was
> introduced. The ASF board noted about this, but the issue was not
> critical enough to require after-the-fact actions. In any case we
> should do things by the book this time.

I thought we did.  David Nuescheler sent his message to this list
saying that it was a contribution under the existing CCLA, and that
is sufficient for Apache legal.  David is the official contact.

....Roy