jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session handling problem
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:03:05 GMT
hi shane

On 2/1/07, Shane Preater <shane.preater@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am getting an intermittnet problem with jackrabbit sessions .
> Basically everything seems fine but every now and again when trying to
> acquire a session the system seems to lock up.

what do you mean by 'lock up'? does the Repository.login call block?
a dead-lock? anyway, a thread dump would help analyzing the issue...

> Are there any known issues with either:
> 1) Sharing sessions using commons-pooling?
> 2) Doing workspace scoped operations (clone etc) while other people are
> performing session scoped operations like saving nodes? These will probably
> not both be affecting the same node (Although I can not confirm this but
> based on the workflow our users perform it should not be the case) ?

there's a known limitation/issue:
calls to the persistence layer are effetively serialized in order to ensure
data consistency.e.g. large workspace-scoped operations might affect
performance of other concurrent workspace or session-scoped save

for more details see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-314

> Any help would be great.
> Thanks,
> Shane.