jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: General Packaging mechanism
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:12:26 GMT
well, it seems that they use now .sar as new extension:

"In the past SAP developed the tool and named it CAR. The extensions
of all compressed files were named ".CAR" as well. In SAP release 4.6C
SAP decided to enhance the functionality of the CAR utility a bit.
Therefore, the internal structure of the compressed files slightly
changed. Because of this, it was necessary to create a new extension.
There the new extension ".SAR" was born and the new utility was named
SAPCAR."

however, finding a suitable, not used extension is almost impossible
(http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=car&Search=Search). using
.car seemed to be to most obvious and least known in the j2ee/java
world.

regards, toby

On 2/21/07, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Tobias Bocanegra schrieb:
> > hi all,
> > 2 weeks ago we promised to contribute our package mechanism for jcr
> > content to the jackrabbit project [JCR-733]. after a lengthy
> > (internal) discussion we decided to completely re-develop a new
> > content archiver that is based on a filesystem-like abstraction of the
> > content in jcr.
> >
> > a content archive (.car) will:
>  > ...
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
> you may want to avoid confusion with SAPCAR, which uses the same
> extension (<http://www.easymarketplace.de/SAPCAR.php>).
>
> Best regards, Julian

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97