jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject General Packaging mechanism
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:58:16 GMT
hi all,
2 weeks ago we promised to contribute our package mechanism for jcr
content to the jackrabbit project [JCR-733]. after a lengthy
(internal) discussion we decided to completely re-develop a new
content archiver that is based on a filesystem-like abstraction of the
content in jcr.

a content archive (.car) will:
- have a hierarchy that corresponds to the hierarchy in the repo
- have a filesystem based serialization of the items
- have a sophisticated serialization for non-nt:file based nodes
- be compressed
- contain meta-information about used node-types, namespaces and mapping rules
- allow exporting/importing to any jcr-repository
- use a standard format for the archive (i.e. zip/jar)

i will add the respective contrib project shortly and develop the
first batch of code together with some documentation.

comments welcome.
regards, toby

[JCR-733] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-733

Very Simple Example