jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Errors with new cluster feature
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:21:23 GMT
Hi Miguel,

On 2/20/07, Miguel Ángel Jiménez <miguel.js@gmail.com> wrote:
> The call to globalRevision.set (that implies a lock) is done after the call
> to recordLog.append() so I think the write is not protected. I'm rather new
> to JCR and jackrabbit so maybe I'm missing something but the cluster feature
> is very important for our product. I'm going to develop some classes to test
> basic cluster operation and hope it helps to further improve in this area.

Well, the method FileJournal.prepare() exclusively locks the global revision:

  public void prepare() throws JournalException {
      globalRevision.lock(false);
  }

and this method is called before the actual FileJournal.commit().

In Jackrabbit 1.2.2, a DatabaseJournal has been added, that stores its
record in a shared database. If the persistence managers you're using
already share a standalone database, this might be an option.

Kind regards
Dominique