jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-465
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:58:02 GMT
Hi,

On 2/15/07, Yusuf M <yusufm@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to start contributing to the jackrabbit project and the issue
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-465) seems like an easy first
> step to accomplish. I would appreciate any help from people along the way.
> My first question is: What is the use case for being able to change the
> workspace name and do people think its a good function to have?

I'm actually not sure about whether introducing a rename method is an
easy thing to do. The rename operation is a bit tricky as the
workspace name can be embedded in various places like table names used
by the database persistence managers, etc.

I think an easier operation that we would definitiely appreciate would
be to introduce a method to delete a workspace. Deleting a workspace
should be much simpler than renaming, and assuming a proper
backup/restore tool you can even use the delete operation togethere
with createWorkspace() to achieve the use case of renaming a
workspace.

BR,

Jukka Zitting