jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r512695 - in /jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-commons/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/commons: AbstractItem.java AbstractNode.java AbstractProperty.java
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:49:51 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> And Item.getPath(). In fact, I'd argue that if getPath() is allowed to
> return the path of an item, then there is no good reason to prevent
> getParent() since the getPath() call already discloses more
> information about the parent node than what getParent() without any
> other method calls (which would of course be access controlled) does.

according to the spec Item.getPath() is different in this respect. that is, you
can get the path of an item even though an ancestor of an item is not 'visible'
to you. I put visible in quotes because at least the name of the ancestor where
a session does not have read right is disclosed. whenever an item is not
accessible through a method that call throws a AccessDeniedException throughout
the api:

http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/class-use/AccessDeniedException.html

hence, I assume that Item.getPath() should not throw an AccessDeniedException,
but of course there might be implementations that still do.

well, I guess this is just a detail...

regards
  marcel