jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Searching "&" character
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:06:05 GMT
Julian Reschke wrote:
> "&" is not reserved in XPath, but in XML. Thus, I wouldn't expect it to
> be reserved in JCR's XPath language as well.
>
> Thus, "Dolce&Gabbana" in a query expression should match "Dolce&Gabbana"
> in content. If it doesn't, that is likely a bug that needs to be fixed.

Julian is right. The query should work without having to replace the & with its
entity reference. see jira issue JCR-739 for details.

please also note, that the detailed semantic of the contains function is
implementation specific. e.g. in jackrabbit the analyzer, which tokenizes the
content and the (contains) query statement, is configuration. the standard
analyzer in jackrabbit treats the string "Dolce&Gabbana" as one token, but there
may be other analyzer implementations that may well split up the string into two
tokens.

regards
  marcel