jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Searching "&" character
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:35:23 GMT
Paul Skinner schrieb:

> Hi Jaka,
>
> & is a reserved character in xpath queries for indicating the start of
> an entity reference. Try and encode  Dolce&Gabbana  as
> Dolce_x0026_Gabbana  and then encode the search string accordingly.
>
> BR,
> Paul

"&" is not reserved in XPath, but in XML. Thus, I wouldn't expect it to
be reserved in JCR's XPath language as well.

Thus, "Dolce&Gabbana" in a query expression should match "Dolce&Gabbana"
in content. If it doesn't, that is likely a bug that needs to be fixed.

(Paul, what you are suggesting may be true for ampersands in item names,
but certainly not for content.)

Best regards, Julian