jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r483444 - in /jackrabbit/trunk: jackrabbit-jcr-rmi/pom.xml pom.xml
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:11:49 GMT
hi,

> What's the rationale for this change? There are two problems:
well, jira was not accessbile, thats why i couldn't comment on my checkin yet.

> 1) Moving the profile settings down to jackrabbit-jcr-rmi reintroduces
> the original problem of the plugin dependencies being inherited when
> doing a multimodule build. We need the add-project-files execution in
> any case and it makes most sense to have it in the shared parent pom,
> so we need to put the JCR-661 dependency workaround there as well.
well, it works for me :-) and for mac :-)

however, you changes were not working, since the tools.jar dependency
was configured for the <id>add-project-files</id> task and not for the
rmi task.
the tools.jar is only needed for the rmi modules (afaik).

> 2) You've changed the XML indentation, making the diff very hard to
> read. I think the indentation was quite consistent and clear already
> before, was there a compelling reason to change it? In any case, if
> you do want to change the indentation, please do it in a separate
> commit with a descriptive commit message.
oops. this was probably done automatically by my XML editor. i will
revert the changes then.

let me go over the config again and check on mac/non-mac platforms.
regards, toby

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97