jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr taglib: setting node attribute with object doesn't work
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:03:24 GMT
On 12/6/06, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 16:31 -0300, Edgar Poce wrote:
> >
> > Maybe we should update the taglib to work with jsp 2.0.
>
> That would be easier, since I use EL extensively in my pages. I'm not
> sure how to instruct the page compiler that the tag wants to evaluate
> the attribute value itself.

sorry if I'm missing something but in my previous post I commented
that AFAIK you can disable the EL by using any of the following
options. Any of those options should do the trick.

   *  in a webapp - if you use a 2.3 web.xml file, it is disabled
   * in web.xml, you can turn it off for a set of JSPs using the
jsp-property-group element
   * in a page - use the isELEnabled attribute of the page directive
   * in a page - replace $ with &#36; , or use \${ instead of ${

probably the fourth will be the best option if you use EL in the same
page than jcr taglib.

br,
edgar