jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr taglib: setting node attribute with object doesn't work
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:31:20 GMT
On 12/6/06, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 18:30 +0000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> > If I use the properties tag and et a node attribue with a java object,
> > it doesn't work, since the setNode() method in PropertyTag.java takes a
> > string as an argument.
>
> Hmm, it seems it's because the way I call the tag,
>
> <jcr:properties node="${currentnode}" var="property" .. >
>
> where currentnode is an object, then the servlet compiler has already
> interpreted it and thus the propertyTag can't use JCRTagUtils to
> interpret the expression itself.

I wrote the jcr taglib for a project which used a servlet version
previous to 2.4. AFAIK you can disable JSP EL with any of the
following options.

    *  in a webapp - if you use a 2.3 web.xml file, it is disabled
    * in web.xml, you can turn it off for a set of JSPs using the
jsp-property-group element
    * in a page - use the isELEnabled attribute of the page directive
    * in a page - replace $ with &#36; , or use \${ instead of ${

Maybe we should update the taglib to work with jsp 2.0.

br,
edgar