jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r489376 - in /jackrabbit/branches/1.2/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/cluster: ClusterNode.java FileJournal.java FileRevision.java Journal.java RecordProcessor.java
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:54:51 GMT
Hi Jukka,

> Please do not commit stuff to the 1.2 branch unless there's a specific
> *new* issue that I've OK'd for the release. I'm trying to prepare the
> first release candidate and need to be aware of changes in the branch.

Sorry about that. I recently found some flaws in my clustering
implementation, that IMHO challenged the closing of JCR-623.
Yesterday, I noticed that the fixes for those errors didn't make it
into the soon to be released 1.2 branch and I panicked.

> More generally I'd suggest to open new issues and tag commits
> accordingly instead of reusing JCR-623 for additional fixes. Each of
> the three mentioned changes would IMHO warrant individual issues; two
> bug reports and one improvent request. Doing that would make the
> clustering work much more transparent as the rationale for the changes
> would be more explicit and the complete list of open and closed issues
> would be readily available.

I completely agree. Once again, sorry for the trouble this may have caused.

Cheers
Dominique