jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Preater" <shane.prea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problems with XPath querying of Multivalue properties
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:05:16 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to perform the following query:
/jcr:root/some/path/(@lastName, @articles)
On the 1.1.1 RMI jackrabbit service running on
rmi:localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository

The problem I am getting is that the 'articles' property is multi-valued and
when I call the RowIterator method getValues("articles");
on the returned rows it always fails with a NullPointerException. However if
I obtain the node via the 'jcr:path' value returned and then call
node.getProperty("articles").getValues(); This returns the correct values.

Is there an issue with querying properties with multiple values in the XPath
query engine? I know that predicating properties with multivalues works as I
am also doing the following:
/jcr:root/some/path/*[@articles= 'aabb-aabbdd-a2203a'] which returns all the
nodes which have the uuid as one of their articles.

Thanks for any help.
Shane Preater.