jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r489376 - in /jackrabbit/branches/1.2/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/cluster: ClusterNode.java FileJournal.java FileRevision.java Journal.java RecordProcessor.java
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:58:35 GMT
Hi,

On 12/21/06, dpfister@apache.org <dpfister@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: dpfister
> Date: Thu Dec 21 06:42:28 2006
> New Revision: 489376

> Log:
> JCR-623 - Clustering
> + Release write mutex when error occurs
> + Catch unexpected errors in synchronization listener
> + Add close() method to journal
>
> Modified:
>     jackrabbit/branches/1.2/[...]

Please do not commit stuff to the 1.2 branch unless there's a specific
*new* issue that I've OK'd for the release. I'm trying to prepare the
first release candidate and need to be aware of changes in the branch.

More generally I'd suggest to open new issues and tag commits
accordingly instead of reusing JCR-623 for additional fixes. Each of
the three mentioned changes would IMHO warrant individual issues; two
bug reports and one improvent request. Doing that would make the
clustering work much more transparent as the rationale for the changes
would be more explicit and the complete list of open and closed issues
would be readily available.

I'm going to let this one go as the changes only affect the new
cluster classes, but please avoid similar commits in future.

BR,

Jukka Zitting