jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccessManager + CachingHierarchyManager problem
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:34:03 GMT
Hi,

On 12/14/06, Roland Kofler <roland.kofler@systemone.at> wrote:
> we have a problem in our application using jackrabbit and I'm not sure
> whether this is due to a design flaw or a misunderstanding of the
> jackrabbit api.

Looks like a problem in Jackrabbit.

> the problem is, that when calling the methods of the
> CachingHierarchyManager the nodes i ask for will be cached in the
> idCache in a wrong state (i. e.: before actually reordering the elements).
> so if i want f.ex. delete the node b after reordering, the node will
> be looked up in the idCache. in the cache the index of node b is still 2
> (actually it should be 3) and so the wrong node will be deleted!

I'm not too familiar with the HierarchyManager and the PathMap
constructs, but I assume that the problem might be related to
orderBefore only modifying the state of the parent node. It could be
that the cache entries for the affected child nodes are not updated.

BR,

Jukka Zitting