jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Jackrabbit 1.2 release plan
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:20:17 GMT
Hi,

On 12/15/06, Jan Ku┼║niak <jan.kuzniak@cognifide.com> wrote:
> I have a question about three issues:
> - JCR-202 (configuration options for search manager)
> - JCR-599 (workspace config inheritance)

I'd rather not get too many configuration changes in Jackrabbit 1.2 on
short notice. More generally I agree with Stefan that there is not yet
good consensus on configuration handling.

The current configuration mechanism is somewhat limited (the two
issues being good examples), and I'd in fact like to start a
discussion on perhaps introducing a more general configuration
framework that wouldn't require such custom extensions for each extra
use case.

> - JCR-663 (Maven2 checkstyle)

I haven't yet had time to get those changes committed. The checkstyle
reports are mostly useful for development in trunk, so I didn't
consider this essential for the release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting