jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Jackrabbit 1.2 release plan
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:54:54 GMT
Hi,

On 12/13/06, Przemo Pakulski <przemo.pakulski@cognifide.com> wrote:
> I'm mostly concerned about JCR-546.
>
> It seems that proposed patch does not resolve the problem, because it
> breaks order of acquired locks (see JCR-632),

You mean JCR-672? As I just commented on the issue, I don't think the
problems are related. JCR-546 can mostly have enlarged the window of
opportunity for this deadlock to occur by extending the scope of the
write lock.

It would be very nice to have a fix also for JCR-672 included in
Jackrabbit 1.2, but I'm not making it a blocker since it's still not
the only open issue on concurrent versioning operations (JCR-18 being
the core known issue).

> In long term it seems that all usage of locks needs to be identified and
> reviewed again.

Agreed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting