jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: skip tests
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:27:22 GMT
Hi,

On 12/11/06, Przemo Pakulski <przemo.pakulski@cognifide.com> wrote:
> Btw, it seems that all initialization tests are only needed for api
> tests. Now when api tests were extracted to separate project (JCR Tests)
> and are not executed as part of the build, it could be simplified I think.

No, the api-tests are still invoked during the normal test phase. The
jackrabbit-api-tests artifact is used as a test dependency and there
is a special test case within core that invokes the entire api test
suite.

> Additionally all initialization tests should be probably also moved to
> JCR tests project. However I'll be more confident if JCR tests will be
> run as part of jackrabbit install goal (executed in integration-test phase).

Agreed, running the API tests would probably make more sense in the
integration test phase, since there we already have built-in support
for setting up test environments etc.

BR,

Jukka Zitting