jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r483444 - in /jackrabbit/trunk: jackrabbit-jcr-rmi/pom.xml pom.xml
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:20:31 GMT
Hi,

On 12/7/06, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> > 1) Moving the profile settings down to jackrabbit-jcr-rmi reintroduces
> > the original problem of the plugin dependencies being inherited when
> > doing a multimodule build. We need the add-project-files execution in
> > any case and it makes most sense to have it in the shared parent pom,
> > so we need to put the JCR-661 dependency workaround there as well.
> well, it works for me :-) and for mac :-)

ACK, I just understood the rationale for the change, see my previous emial.

> however, you changes were not working, since the tools.jar dependency
> was configured for the <id>add-project-files</id> task and not for the
> rmi task. the tools.jar is only needed for the rmi modules (afaik).

Correct. The problem, however, is that the maven-antrun-plugin
definition in jackrabbit-jcr-rmi inherits the maven-antrun-plugin
dependencies from the parent pom when doing a multiproject build.
Don't ask me why, it's one of those Maven internals issues. So to make
things work correctly for jackrabbit-jcr-rmi, the tools.jar dependency
actually needs to be defined in maven-antrun-plugin setting in the
parent pom.

None of this trickery of course affects the Mac build since there the
required classes are available in any case, and it is the tools.jar
dependency itself that breaks things, regardless of whether it's
located in the parent pom or in the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi pom.

> > 2) You've changed the XML indentation, making the diff very hard to
> > read. I think the indentation was quite consistent and clear already
> > before, was there a compelling reason to change it? In any case, if
> > you do want to change the indentation, please do it in a separate
> > commit with a descriptive commit message.
> oops. this was probably done automatically by my XML editor. i will
> revert the changes then.

OK, no problem.

> let me go over the config again and check on mac/non-mac platforms.

Thanks! Things should be fine if you revert revision 483444 and then
just remove the tools.jar dependency from jackrabbit-jcr-rmi/pom.xml.

BR,

Jukka Zitting