jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and Maven
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:52:55 GMT
Hi,

On 12/4/06, Jan Ku┼║niak <jan.kuzniak@cognifide.com> wrote:
>  > On 12/4/06, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There are still some things (like checkstyle integration) missing, but
> > overall things work even nicer than I had hoped.
>
> You say checkstyle - you have checkstyle.

Thanks!

> But first I have a question about internals of checkstyle.xml. I would love to
> establish an eclipse code formatter profile and start cleaning up the code
> because it looks awful and inconsistent here and there.

You are right, the current codebase does break a number of syntax
guidelines, even the ones encoded in the checkstyle.xml profile.
There's a meta-issue JCR-97 for improving this, but there hasn't been
much coordinated effort to improve things other than for new code that
gets written.

> I don't quite understand why max line length is set to 132 instead of 80? It is
> almost half more and makes it harder to read, especially on smaller screens.
> Also, when intendation makes it hard to fit in 80 characters at line it is good
> reason to extract method or variable instead of relaxating line constraints.

I don't know the rationale. I generally try to keep lines below 80
chars in any case, so at least I wouldn't mind making the guideline
more strict.

BR,

Jukka Zitting