jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and Maven
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:04:59 GMT
Hi,

On 12/4/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Could you please confirm: with the new layout, Jackrabbit builds with
> Maven 2, except for some contrib components?

Yes. The easiest way to do build and package all the components
(excluding contrib) is:

    $ svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk jackrabbit
    $ cd jackrabbit
    $ mvn install
    $ (cd jackrabbit-jcr-rmi; mvn install)
    $ (cd jackrabbit-webapp; mvn install)

This is achieved by the multimodule settings in the parent POM. There
is some issue with running rmic through the antrun plugin when a
component is a part of a multimodule build, so for now the
jackrabbit-jcr-rmi and jackrabbit-webapp components need to be
individually built.

After the initial build above you have all the SNAPSHOT dependencies
in your local Maven repository and you can use all the Maven 2 build
commands easily also within the individual component projects. I'm
looking at making setting up nightly builds (once INFRA-1008 is
resolved) to have recent snapshots always available in the Apache
snapshot repository. Then it will be possible to easily grab and build
just a single component project.

BR,

Jukka Zitting