jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit and Maven
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:16:39 GMT
Hi,

The Jackrabbit restructuring I did yesterday rendered some new
Jackrabbit components (jackrabbit-api, etc.) without Maven 1 builds
and broke the Maven 1 builds of some other components (most notably
jackrabbit-core).

I could fix the broken and add the missing Maven 1 builds, but since
we're upgrading to Maven 2 in any case and since Maven 1 has been
quite troublesome recently (the repository issue I mailed about on
Friday seems to have reappeared, and I'm getting no quick help from
repository@maven.org), I'd like to propose simply dropping Maven 1 and
using Maven 2 for the main builds in trunk.

Note that there are still quite a few contrib projects with just Maven
1 builds. I think we can upgrade them incrementally as time goes by.
To make a mix of Maven 1 and Maven 2 projects work better, I enabled
the install-maven-one-repository goal of the maven-one plugin in the
Jackrabbit parent POM for Maven 2. This will make all artifacts
installed to the local Maven 2 repository to automatically get
installed also in the local Maven 1 repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting