jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Przemo Pakulski <przemo.pakul...@cognifide.com>
Subject Re: Apache Jackrabbit 1.2 release plan
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:45:09 GMT
Hi,

I'm mostly concerned about JCR-546.

It seems that proposed patch does not resolve the problem, because it
breaks order of acquired locks (see JCR-632),

If there is no other quick solution possible, I suggest to:
1. Revert patch changes,
2. Make fix to ugrade read lock to write lock correclty (as suggested by
Rod)
3. Then fix JCR-632 to make sure lock is always released.

I can provide a patch for this, then I can make some concurrent tests to
check this, I think.

In long term it seems that all usage of locks needs to be identified and
reviewed again.

Przemo