jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Ku┼║niak <jan.kuzn...@cognifide.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and Maven
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:35:27 GMT
 > On 12/4/06, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are still some things (like checkstyle integration) missing, but
> overall things work even nicer than I had hoped.

You say checkstyle - you have checkstyle. But first I have a question about
internals of checkstyle.xml. I would love to establish an eclipse code formatter
profile and start cleaning up the code because it looks awful and inconsistent
here and there. I understand that jackrabbit's code style is based upon sun
coding conventions with a few exceptions.

I don't quite understand why max line length is set to 132 instead of 80? It is
almost half more and makes it harder to read, especially on smaller screens.
Also, when intendation makes it hard to fit in 80 characters at line it is good
reason to extract method or variable instead of relaxating line constraints.

Please give your opinion on it.

And that is a major difference between eclipse built-in formatter and this
checkstyle. Note that left curly option is set to default value (thus can be
removed) and most of other options are out of eclipse formatter scope.

--
Regards,
  Jan