jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Yaqeen Hussam" <yaq...@gmail.com>
Subject JCR-RMI problems !!!
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:06:20 GMT
Deal All
I tried using the JCR-RMI interface as explained in this page : but its not
working !!!

I implemeneted a deamon that creates a repoository as follows :

            Repository repository = new TransientRepository(); // The local
repository
            String name = "AcopianRep"; // The RMI URL for the repository

            RemoteAdapterFactory factory = new ServerAdapterFactory();
            RemoteRepository remote = factory.getRemoteRepository
(repository);
            Naming.bind(name, remote);  // Make the RMI binding using
java.rmi.Naming

then at the client side as follows :

            String name = "rmi://192.168.1.6:1099/AcopianRep";

            ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
            Repository repository = (Repository)factory.getRepository(name);
             Credentials credentials = new
SimpleCredentials("admin","admin".toCharArray());
            repository.login(credentials);

I don't have problems when the server code and client code execute at the
same JVM .... but I have problem when I changelocal host to some other ip in
my network as in the previous code ... I can successfully get a repository
object , but when I try to execute repository.login(credentials) a
java.net.ConnectException is thrown with message "Connection refused to
host: 127.0.0.1 "

My Regards...
Yaqeen Hussam