jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Oracle support
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:38:19 GMT
hi luca,

On 11/27/06, Luca Fiscato <luca.fiscato@eng.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using jackrabbit 1.0.1 as a cms repository for an open
> source business intelligence project.  (SpagoBI project, developed by
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica).
> The SpagoBI platform is used by our customers and one of these wants to
> store the cms contents into an Oracle database.
> When I tried to configure the PersistenceManager towars an oracle db I
> found that jackrabbit 1.0.1 wasn't able to do that. (I didn't try the
> last 1.1 version). So we tried to add the Oracle support to jackrabbit
> and we did it. We had to:
>
> 1 ) write a ddl for oracle
> 2 ) add a class DbOracleFileSystem into org\apache\jackrabbit\core\fs\db
> (some changes to the statements)
> 3 ) add a class  SimpleOracleDbPersistenceManager into
> org\apache\jackrabbit\core\state\db (changes to the blob insertion for
> contents greater than 4 kb)
> 4 ) change the repository.xml as below
>
> <Repository>
>     <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbOracleFileSystem">
>        <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="CMS_rep_fs_"/>
>     </FileSystem>

>     <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
> defaultWorkspace="default"/>
>     <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
>
>         <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbOracleFileSystem">
>            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix"
> value="CMS_wor_fs_${wsp.name}_"/>
>         </FileSystem>
>
>         <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleOracleDbPersistenceManager">
>            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix"
> value="CMS_wor_pm_${wsp.name}_"/>
>            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
>         </PersistenceManager>
>     </Workspace>
>
>     <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
>       <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbOracleFileSystem">
>          <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="CMS_ver_fs_"/>
>       </FileSystem>
>       <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleOracleDbPersistenceManager">
>          <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="CMS_ver_pm_"/>
>          <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
>       </PersistenceManager>
>     </Versioning>
> </Repository>
>

> We did the work quickly so I'm sure that our changes can be improved a
> lot, especially the ddls.  (There are no constraints for example).
>
> We think that the oracle support  should be included into jackrabbit
> and  so we would like to contribute our changes. The jackrabbit team
> could start form these contribution in order to add a better oracle
> support. I don't know if this is the right mailing list for a
> contribution request but it seems to be the most probable.
>
> As attachment there is a zip file containing the classes and ddls added.
>
> Please let me know if jackrabbit team plan to integrate the oracle
> [...]

thanks for your offer and efforts, very much appreciated!

unfortunately your contribution comes a bit too late, there's oracle support
in jackrabbit's svn since june 06 and released since jackrabbit 1.1:

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager

please let me know if you can identify any issues with the current
implementations.

thanks again,
stefan