jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject jackrabbit war distribution (was: web based jcr browser contribution)
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:53:35 GMT
> On 11/21/06, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question was more about the eventual plan for the navigator
> app than making immediate decisions. Let's revisit the issue later.

In a mid term plan I think we could include both the navigator and the
webdav server in a single webapp. If it's not a hard task for the
release manager the jcr-server could be distributed also separately in
its own war.

probably dreaming from here :), but in a not so long term it would be
great to have a single war that includes the webdav server, the jcr
navigator, a jackrabbit monitoring tool (to monitor the internals),
and some kind of audit trail app that contains aggregated and detailed
log of read/write operations. IMHO such a distribution would be great
:). New users often have little time to evaluate the tools and an easy
to install distribution would help a lot.

br,
edgar