jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject web based jcr browser contribution
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:45:11 GMT
Hi,

 I started to work in a web based jcr browser It's just a work in
progress but it seems to be fully functional to navigate jcr contents
with read only operations.

A demo of the browser is available at
http://edgarpoce.dyndns.org:8080/jcr-browser/
btw, the only item that works in the menu is "session > logout".

To populate the repository and see the contents in jcr browser you can
use the file based webdav interface at
http://edgarpoce.dyndns.org:8080/jcr-browser/repository/default/

It uses Dojo + JSP + jcr-taglib for the view and I plan to use a
servlet that delegates the command processing to jakarta commons-chain
commands (jcr-commands) on the server side for write operations
through ajax. see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-commands/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/command/web/
the sources can be downloaded from
http://people.apache.org/~edgarpoce/06-10-31-jcr-browser.tar.gz

 I'd like to know others opinions about starting a new contrib project
called jcr-browser.

br,
edgar