jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From thomasg <thomasgascoi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricting xpath query to document text
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:09:29 GMT

I've recently returned to finish a piece of work that was put on hold back in
May. I've been trying to make xpath searches that are restricted to the
content of indexed documents. I have followed the instructions in this
thread for extending NodeIndexer. I now have
success running a query such as this:

//element(*, axxia:resource)[(jcr:contains(@jcr:data, 'house'))]

This query does not now return a hit if the word is in any property as this
query would:
//element(*, axxia:resource)[(jcr:contains(., 'house'))]

>From the info posted in this thread:

"This way the jcr:data property is fulltext indexed twice, once in the
node scoped fulltext index (the one you can use with
jcr:contains(.,'whatever') ) and again in the field fulltext index,
which allows you to use jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'whatever'). In
addition the value is put a third time to the index as a whole
(untokenized) which allows you to use jcr:like(@jcr:date, '%foo%')"

(Guessing and hoping that @jcr:date above is typo of @jcr:data?)

I then tried wildcard queries. Wildcard searches on most properties work,
like this:

//element(*, axxia:resource)[(jcr:like(@axxia:keywords, 'w_a_e_l'))]

I expected running this query would do a wildcard search in document content
only:
//element(*, axxia:resource)[(jcr:like(@jcr:data, 'comp%'))]

This query does not return an expected hit. Maybe there is an additional
step required to enable use of @jcr:data property
with a jcr:like constraint?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Thomas