jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: New feature: Clustering
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:13:55 GMT
On 11/6/06, C├ędric Damioli <cedric.damioli@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> More than clustering, does this approach also enable a new PM-based
> implementation of the Model 3 deployment, ie a remote, shareable PM,
> accessible from various Jackrabbit instances ? I know this is not the
> purpose of a PM, but with this proposed architecture, results are
> functionnally the same, aren't they ?

Yes, they are. It is conceivable that such a PM could essentially add
an entry to the journal to inform clients about the external change.
On the other side, technically, journal entries contain not only the
items that changed but also the events they generate, which is out of
a PM's scope.

Regards
Dominique