jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject TCK code as a separate component
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:26:16 GMT
Hi,

As a part of the JCR-612 restructuring I'd also like to extract the
JCR TCK code we currently have in src/test/java within the
jackrabbit-core project into a standalone component project. The
resulting jar artifact of that "jackrabbit-jcr-tck" project could be
used as a test dependency in jackrabbit-core and any other project
that needs an easy (though unofficial) way to use the TCK test suite
before and between official compliance testing.

This would remove the need for the nasty svn:externals in many contrib
projects and would also better enforce the distinction between
Jackrabbit-specific test cases and general JCR TCK test cases.

Any objections to doing this? The component project would of course
have a prominent disclaimer saying that it is *not* the official JCR
TCK.

BR,

Jukka Zitting