jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query performance for large query results
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:36:38 GMT

On 11/27/06, Christoph Kiehl <kiehl@subshell.com> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > The best way to solve your issue would be to somehow let the client
> > instruct the repository that only the first 20 results are needed.
> > [...]
> This would indeed solve our Problem. But I need a solution quite soon, because
> out repository is constantly growing and search is too slow.

Attached is a quick patch that adds the setLimit() and setOffset()
methods to the o.a.j.core.query.lucene.QueryImpl class. I haven't
tested the changes, but you may want to try giving it a spin.

It should work correctly with ORDER BY clauses, just not with the
default document ordering.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message