jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Import in versionStorage
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:53:57 GMT
Hi,

On 11/25/06, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/24/06, SADAUNE Frederique (EURIWARE)
> <frederique.sadaune@euriware.fr> wrote:
> > I want to import documents in Jackrabbit's repository but I don't manage
> > to import their different versions.
> >
> > Is there another way than checkout(),checkin() ?
> >
> > The backup tool sends a ConstraintViolationException due to the node's
> > protected property when trying to import directly on the versionStorage.
>
> unless there is a really compelling reason i would strongly discourage to
> manipulate meta data directly and rather use the appropriate api methods.
>
> after all there's a reason why the meta data is 'protected'.

I think Frederique's concern is valid, there needs to be a way to
restore not only current versions but also the version histories of
nodes from a backup. This is the key reason for extending the
WorkspaceImporter functionality to meet the needs of Nicolas' backup
tool.

The checkin/checkout methods are not expressive enough to fully
restore the version history of a node. For example there is no way to
control the jcr:created timestamps of the checked in versions.

BR,

Jukka Zitting