jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit performance tests report
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:43:47 GMT
Hi,

On 11/25/06, Stefan Gruszczynski <stefan.gruszczynski@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > And what about SAXParser which is not thread-safe?
> >
> > I've always used just a single thread for the import. I don't
> > see how multi-threading would really help unless you want to
> > partition the XML document into parts that are independently imported.
>
> And what about situation when on one server work in the same time few
> clients and each of them want parse own document. Is possible to all of
> clients do this simultaneously?

The SAX parser instantiated for the XML import process is bound to the
Session and the individual importXML method invocation, so there are
no thread-safety issues to worry about there.

Simultaneous XML imports are treated just like any other simultaneous
modifications. They can only cause problems if the modifications
overlap.

BR,

Jukka Zitting