jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit performance tests report
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:45:05 GMT
Hi,

On 11/24/06, Stefan Gruszczynski <stefan.gruszczynski@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'custom importer' - will it be avaliable in jackrabbit?

I've done a few custom importers for various customer projects.
They're not that complex (<<1kLOC) since it's generally possible to
ignore much of the spec requirements when you have a static content
model. I'll see if I can come up with some generic base features to
share.

> What are your results in importing large XML files? /largest file ever imported
> and import time/

My use cases have been up to tens of megabytes of XML with up to a
hundred thousand elements (the element count is usually the factor
that most drives performance). Importing such documents is still quite
slow (good time for a coffee break), but the requirements for memory
are O(1) and for time O(n).

> And what about SAXParser which is not thread-safe?

I've always used just a single thread for the import. I don't see how
multi-threading would really help unless you want to partition the XML
document into parts that are independently imported.

BR,

Jukka Zitting