jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web based jcr browser contribution
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:36:41 GMT
hi,

On 11/22/06, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 02:22 +0200, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > Note however that we can (and should) map the login/synchronization
> > filter to just the JSP pages and servlets that need access to the JCR
> > session - there's no need to synchronize access to static resources
> > like images, stylesheets, and javascript libraries.
>
> In a publishing system, images are most often stored in the repository
> as well. Granted, it's possible to use file system caches for these, but
> not always.

Agreed, access to images stored within the repository needs to be
synchronized in this case. I was more referring to the static
/images/, /style.css, and /dojo/ resources in the navigator webapp.
Currently the JcrLoginFilter only guards /browser/* access, so this is
already taken care of.

For best concurrent performance, my recommendation for a read-only
publishing frontend would be to use a session pool from which
available sessions are dynamically assigned to requests.

BR,

Jukka Zitting