jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web based jcr browser contribution
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:22:41 GMT
Hi,

On 11/22/06, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:

> Would this block simultaenous read requests as well?

Yes. A JCR Session is not necessarily thread-safe even for read-only
access. So unless we want to introduce a session pool, we need to
block all simultaneous requests within a HTTP session. Note however
that we can (and should) map the login/synchronization filter to just
the JSP pages and servlets that need access to the JCR session -
there's no need to synchronize access to static resources like images,
stylesheets, and javascript libraries.

BR,

Jukka Zitting